proactive Technical Programming Manager -
Internet & Web, Computer Specialist - Project Manager,
Computer Programmer, Software Engineer, Information Resource
Management, Consultant, Product Development, Director/Administrator.
- Innovator with analysis, implementation, problem resolution,
improvement, coordination, & management skills for programming,
database, internet, & information systems projects.
- Responsible Professional with good interpersonal skills, expertise
in written and oral communication with all levels of management,
staff, clients, etc. in the US and overseas.
- Experienced System Professional, Client/Server Technology,
Deep Technical Skills, Detail Oriented, Strategic Planner, Customer Oriented,
Multitasking, Adaptable, Product Support, Technical Writer, Software &
Internet Solutions, Mature Judgment, Leadership, Calm
during Crisis, Supportive, Team Player, Team Builder,
Creative, Analytical, Visionary, Sensitive
Brainstorm Technology, Maxim, Methodist Hospital, Schlumberger, Dowell
- Working with PointCast, Allaire Cold Fusion, Lotus Notes/Domino, Windows NT, Perl, MS Access, SQL, Visio, etc.
- Web Technologies Development, Project Management, Proposals, etc.
Center for Research on Parallel Computation (CRPC)
Technical Programming Manager
- Lead the National HPCC Software Exchange (NHSE) project at
Rice using the WWWeb for dissemination. The NHSE is a distributed
collection of software, documents, data, and information of interest
to the High Performance Computing and Communications (HPCC) community.
- Research & Development of WWWeb tools, indexing & search
engines, security, etc. Also testing/using new developments such as
Java, VRML, audio/video streaming, security (authentication &
verification) methods, access controls, etc.
- Development of software submission and review policies and
- Coordinating with collaborating Research Centers and personnel via
video conferences, e-mail, teleconferences, site visits, etc.
- Web Editor for the NHSE Review e-journal.
- Lead the Retooling (Training the Trainers in New Techniques
for Science and Industry in Supercomputing) MRA project at
Rice using the WWWeb for dissemination. Retooling is a collection of
training documents with audio, video & graphical aids, information
of interest to the HPCC user community.
- Coordinating training seminars, facilities, instructors,
video taping, etc.
- Designing web pages from the training seminars, video tapes, etc.
Audio & video digitizing, editing & production using streaming
(RealNetworks' RealAudio RealVideo) & download technologies.
- Coordinating with collaborating Research Centers and personnel via
video conferences, postal and e-mail, teleconferences, site visits, etc.
- Research & development of new internet-based tools, etc.
- Demonstrate & explain the technologies, WWWeb, etc. of NHSE,
CRPC, & Retooling at conferences, workshops, etc.
(SC96); Spring '96 NSF Trainers Workshop in
Parallel Computing; SuperComputing95 (SC95).
- Make presentations to funding agency representatives & other groups
- UNIX Systems administration. Webmaster & Internet project management
- Development of standards working with IEEE and W3C
- Creative direction & web site design, on-line marketing, usability,
hit statistics analysis...
- Defined Internet product strategies & customer requirements;
developed web & print content; managed beta, launch, roll-out process;
developed Internet marketing plans.
- Created legal rights documentation, click wrap, contracts, etc.
for articles, comments, letters, software, etc. working with
Intellectual Property Rights attorneys & lawyers
Maxwell School's Center for Policy Research
Computer Specialist (Project Manager)
- Led the data management portion of the Aging
Studies project involving two large databases (one German,
http://www.DIW-berlin.de, one American)
processed into a relational database structure, matched
cross-nationally to create a third database.
- Managed the relation databases. Used SAS (C and FORTRAN) to
manipulate, analyze, & prepare data for research.
- Initiated the project using IBM RS/6000s with AIX & migrated it
to SUN SPARCs with SunOS & Solaris client-server network over
Ethernet & TCP/IP (plus an IBM 3090 with CMS & DOS PCs utilizing
Ethernet & Novell Network using NetWare).
- Wrote documentation and manuals. Worked with German translator.
- Trained users: UNIX commands,
editors, use of PCs and Sun workstations, SAS and other programming
and macro languages.
- Interfaced with the two originating panel study groups and other
interested researchers in person, via telephone, fax, postal and e-mail.
- UNIX System Administrator, backup/assist Novell
PC network administrator.
- Developed SUN Solaris distributed systems network, connected to
the main University network, as part of the computer resource team and
- Created tools (shell scripts & C) to install & correlate each
new year's data and libraries, manage disk space, automate processes,
- Designed and developed non-work-related object oriented
programming code and databases. Utilized object oriented analysis and
- Designed and created a pilot Web service
(current site http://www-cpr.maxwell.syr.edu)
for online file, document, data, and information dissemination and
exchange for the project.
1 Cybers Place sm
Syracuse, NY & Houston, TX
Internet/World Wide Web/Computer Consultant, 1994
Product R&D & Business Re-Engineering Consultant, 1990
- Web composer for America's Christmas Village
A CJLutz Fashion WWWeb Page with Hearts
(http://members.tripod.com/~cjlutz/ or http://Jump.to/Fashion),
Jane Hardcastle Realty (http://JaneHardcastle.com),
& other WWWeb sites.
- Create WWWeb homepages and advertisement pages, consult on
creation and use of homepages and the internet. Create marketing
strategies and creatives. Scan and OCR documents. Digitize,
modify and create pictures, graphics and logos also audio and video.
- Create and give seminars, i.e. Introduction to Getting Your Small
Business on the Internet, How to Develop an Internet Marketing Plan for
Your Small Business, In Depth How to Use Search Engines, A Parents'
Guide to Using the Internet with Children, etc.
- Train and consult with Northland Christian School administration and
a group of the high school's seniors in the creation of their Web site
- Train people in various subjects, such as: computers (internet
navigation and usage, application software packages,
UNIX/DOS/Windows/Macintosh systems/computers, etc.), and job search
(résumés, cover letters, interviewing, etc.)
- Train/tutor at the Rescue Mission's new Motivational Learning
Center, a 40 PowerMac network using Computer Assisted Instructional
programs to teach and prepare students for taking the GED exam,
Success In The Workplace, etc. Assist the system administrator.
- Provide desktop publishing & desktop computer consulting.
- Z/Max Computer Solutions, Inc.
Syracuse, NY Consultant to the CEO
- Analyzed & evaluated Z/Max XChange (Information Management
Software package for a client-server, networked, telecommunication
environment, written in C for UNIX), its GUI user interface, On-line
Help and System Administration Manual for clarity, ease of use
- Proposed new product development ideas, support, and problem
- Demonstrated the XChange software at COMDEX Fall 1990, NetWorld91,
and SU's Open Systems Networking trade shows. Gave demo presentations
to client prospects.
- Surveyed users/customers concerning problems, needs and
the resultant possible upgrades, support & solutions.
- Proposed process re-engineering in Software Development, Software
Test, and Quality Assurance (TQM, Total Quality Management) areas.
- Developed marketing strategies.
General Electric Aerospace
Ocean Systems Division (now Martin Lockheed)
- Analyzed and wrote the DD-978 platform program modifications
to the Program Design Specifications for the user interface Display
Control Computer Program, one of 5 components of the AntiSubmarine
Warfare Combat System (ASWCS) for which our team was responsible.
- Implemented and interpreted the Program Design Specifications for
DD-978 code modifications in Display Control Computer Program's user
- Held a U.S. Department of Defense Secret Clearance.
- Completed ahead of schedule & under budget, utilizing a DEC
VAX VMS (using DCL and Datatrieve) computer environment for program
development, with no prior knowledge of CMS-2 language, AN/UYK-43B
shipboard computer, VAX VMS or the structured programming standard
Honeywell, Inc. / Bull HN
Large Computer Products Division (LCPD)
Software Engineer, 1987 - 1989
Senior Computer Operator, 1984 - 1986
- Led project previously abandoned due to incomplete code, bad
- Examined original incomplete code and determined real user
- Redesigned and re-coded it, coordinating with related development
- Documented the code and wrote user manual proactively with user
- Developed Run Unit Management Operating System software using
PL/6 and GMAP assembler with GCOS8 on DPS mainframes using networked
PCs as workstations.
- Coordinated a documentation project using a radical new,
always current procedure pulling run-time information from component
Computer Operator, 1982 - 1984
- Led computer operations, filled-in for department supervisor.
Included several mainframe systems, disk
farms, printer banks, reel tape machines, card and paper punch machines.
- Trained, scheduled, and filled the Computer Operator, Courier, and
Computer Media Courier and Computer Media Librarian, 1979 - 1982
- Operated & maintained three multi-processor Data Processing
systems, two mini-computer systems, and two Page Printer Systems in a
24 x 7 department, all peripheral equipment,
computer media library (and supplies) & computer media distribution
(Courier) as required.
- Trained and filled the Computer Operator, Courier, and Librarian
Assembly Worker - Circuit Board Fabrication, 1978 - 1979
- Deliver/pick-up computer tapes, printouts, and other media,
- Manage computer media library, file, and find media, order
- Laminate multilayer circuit boards, prepare copper sheets for
printing, etching, etc.; prepare printed boards for gold plating, etc.
- Made several company improvement suggestions. Saved the company
money and increased the quality of the product. Received a cash award
for two of them.
Calvary Wesleyan Church
Christian Education Program
- Directed and supervised a Pre-K through 6th grade education
program for over 200 children.
- Redesigned the curriculum to address the needs of inner city
- Creative scheduling of too few facilities,
- Handling student discipline.
training, and managing staff, teachers, and helpers.
Abilities & Skills
- Currently serving as Elected Board member of a medium-sized
- One of three-member Property & Building committee: management
and sale of current $1.6 million property and the procurement of new
- One of three-member Program, Policy & Administration committee:
management of staff and personnel, salaries, hiring, etc. and
management of public relations.
- Elected to the Governing Board of a large not-for-profit
- Contributed as key appointed member of the Finance/Budget
Committee during a multi-million dollar building project, including:
fund raising, 5-year plans, salary reviews, staffing reviews, future
building/expansion plans, etc.
- Served on the Candidate Search Committee which reviewed
résumés, interviewed candidates for FT & PT paid
positions to add to the 12-15 member paid staff.
- Directed projects for small to large not-for-profit
- Directed an Arizona/New Mexico District organization for local
area Singles Groups which included banquets, trips, events, fund
raisers, and seminars.
- Organized and conducted musicals as well as vocal/instrumental
groups/choirs for children, adults, and mixed groups in a variety of
- Wrote articles for in-house employee and non-profit
publications about health issues, physical fitness, interviews with
new personnel, local issues, etc.
- Beta tested UPTIME, a (then state-of-the-art) monthly disk
magazine for the Apple IIs, i.e. copy edit articles, test/evaluate
programs, user interface...
- Syracuse University
Information Resources Management Masters Program
Certificate Information Systems & Telecommunications Management, Completed 1994
- Grand Canyon University
Computer Science Bachelors of Science Program
B.S. Computer Science, Completed 1986
Sun SPARCs SunOS & Solaris Xwindows OpenLookWM
Apple II & Macintosh OS 6.x, 7.x, 8.x
IBM RS/6000 AIX Xwindows TWM
IBM 3090 CMS
IBM PCs Windows95
IBM PCs DOS MSWindows Novell NetWare
DEC VAX (250) PDP11 & VMS
Bull DPS 8, 88, 90 GCOS8 & GCOS6
Honeywell Level6 UNIX
experienced: FORTRAN C/C++ shell scripting SAS DCL Datatrieve
CMS-2 GMAP assembler PL/6 (PL/1) JCL BASIC
Visual Basic MS Front Page Real Audio Real Video
CGI scripting: C shell Korn shell AWK SED Perl
trained in: COBOL Lotus/Excel Dbase Paradox Pascal Lisp
Prolog Object Oriented Programming/Design/Databases
Distributed Systems & Telecommunications Management
Business Information Resources Strategic Intelligence
abbreviated version in Word .doc formats available
...for more resumes or to search for your own job...