Referring Travel Agent:
Your Own Online Travel Store
Also, all commissions from the above websites are donated,
check out Lowell Lutz Travel for the details.
Lowell W Lutz
- Results-oriented proactive
Consultant & Entrepreneur - Intranet & Database Technologies,
IT/E-Commerce Manager - Analysis & Requirements Gathering,
Web Developer/Manager - Web & Database Technologies,
Technical Programming Manager - Internet & Web Technologies,
Computer Specialist - Project Manager,
Information Resource Management,
Director/Administrator, Technical Writer.
- Innovator with solid analysis, implementation, problem resolution,
improvement, coordination & management skills for computer
programming, database, Internet, & other information systems projects.
- Responsible Professional with good interpersonal skills: expertise
in written and oral communication with all levels of management,
staff, clients, students and researchers in the US and overseas.
- Experienced System Professional, Customer Oriented, Multitasking,
Adaptable, Strategic Planner, Open Systems, Client/Server Technology,
Detail Oriented, Product Support, Technical Writer, Software
Solutions, Deep Technical Skills, Mature Judgment, Calm during Crisis,
Supportive, Team Player, Team Builder, Leadership, Creative,
Analytical, Visionary, Sensitive, Internet Solutions
I. S. Analyst
Webmaster, Designer, Graphic Artist, Writer
- Designed and redeveloped the Intranet for the Houston District of TxDOT:
Web Applications, Calendar of Events, Information, Profiles, FAQs, etc.
- Designed and created banners, posters, graphics, flyers, etc. for web and print promotions and advertising.
- Wrote articles, profiles, manuals, FAQs, etc. for print and web.
startup/internet ventures, consultant and contracts
IT, E-Commerce, Telecommunications, Business, Management
- Deconstructed, redesigned and redeveloped a previously incomplete, unusable, but highly-secure website using: ASP.NET, ASPX, C#, JSP/JAVA, CSS, XML, XSL, SOAP, etc. with Oracle 9. (Houston, TX)
- Created a secure extranet website, including VeriSign SSL certificate, SecureIIS, software and hardware firewalls, secure client database MS Access and MS SQL Server, web applications and website. Stadler & Company, Inc. (Houston, TX)
- Internet/Intranet/Extranet Web Technologies Design and Development for both internal & external web pages. ASP application design and development using Sybase database backend for a dynamically, multi-company e-commerce website, including: IDIS Systems, the technology arm of:
Wholesale Electric Co. (Houston, TX)
also Corpus Christi Electric Co.
& CW Utilities Co.
- Internet/Intranet/Extranet Web Technologies Design and Development for both internal & external web pages. America's Christmas Village
- Information Technology and Telecommunications Management and Development: VoIP, PCs, networks, etc.
- Created business plans, IT/department/project plans & budgets, etc. short-term and long-term.
- Digitized and edited a business plan for a start-up Railroad Tourist business. (Hawaii)
- Developed a marketing website for a golf course product.
http://RBrowneAssoc.com (The Woodlands, TX)
- E-Commerce and marketing site for stock market investing, Wall Street Mentor Center by Investrio, software and online information access. A home-based business opportunity to provide the money making training and .biz site for the individual direct stock trader.
http://ProfitTaking.com (Phoenix, AZ)
- Started-from-scratch the engineering recruiting department for a recruiting firm specializing in sales & information technology based on personal contacts and interviews not using web-based mass recruiting nor mass-mailings. Cantera Solutions (Houston TX)
- Various experiences
- Allaire Cold Fusion & Cold Fusion Studio,
- Web Site Proposals, Web Applications Development, Project Management, Team Management, etc.
- Coordinate/manage IT/E-Commerce projects, contractors, consultants, develop & manage RFPs, cross-company virtual team coordination.
- Internet/Intranet/Extranet Web Technologies & Web Site Team Management and Development, etc. for both internal & external web pages.
http://PACO-Pumps.com & http://Johnston-Pump.com & http://CrownPump.com
- Took the project from analysis and requirements gathering through Requests for Proposals and the decision-making teams to the winning proposal in 9 months.
Stanford Group Company, Stanford Development Company, Stanford Trust Company, Stanford International Bank, Bank of Antigua, etc.
- Working with Microsoft Active Server Pages (MS ASP),
Visual InterDev (VI), FrontPage, VBScript, Windows NT,
Microsoft Access, SQL, MS Outlook, etc.
Allaire Cold Fusion, Cold Fusion Studio HomeSite,
GoLive CyberStudio, etc.
- Internet/Intranet Web Technologies & Web Site Team Management and
Development, etc. for both internal & external web pages.
& all associated web sites)
- Took a clunky client-server tool and created an elegant web application
which did twice as much in half the time, twice as easily -- on time and on budget.
Center for Research on Parallel Computation (CRPC)
Technical Programming Manager
- Lead the National HPCC Software Exchange (NHSE) project at
Rice using the Web for dissemination. The NHSE is a distributed
collection of software, documents, data, and information of interest
to the High Performance Computing and Communications (HPCC) community.
- Research & Development of Web tools, indexing & search
engines, security, etc. Also testing/using new developments such as
Java, VRML, audio/video streaming, security (authentication &
verification) methods, access controls, etc.
- Development of software submission and review policies and
- Coordinating with collaborating Research Centers and personnel via
video conferences, e-mail, teleconferences, site visits, etc.
- Web Editor for the
NHSE Review e-journal.
- Lead the Retooling (Training the Trainers in New Techniques
for Science and Industry in Supercomputing) MRA project at
Rice using the Web for dissemination. Retooling is a collection of
training documents with audio, video & graphical aids, information
of interest to the HPCC user community.
- Coordinating training seminars, video taping, etc.
- Designing web pages from the training seminars, video tapes, etc.
- Coordinating with collaborating Research Centers & personnel via
video conferences, e-mail, teleconferences, site visits, etc.
- Research & development of new internet-based tools, etc.
- Audio & video digitizing, editing & production using streaming
(RealNetworks' RealAudio RealVideo) & download technologies.
- Demonstrate & explain the technologies, Web, etc. of NHSE,
CRPC, & Retooling at conferences, workshops, etc. (http://www.crpc.rice.edu)
(SC96) in Pittsburgh, PA; Spring '96 NSF Trainers Workshop in
Parallel Computing in Ithaca, NY; SuperComputing95 (SC95) in San
- Work with the collaborating Research Centers &
- Make presentations to funding agency representatives & other groups
- UNIX Systems administration. Internet project management
- Development of standards working with IEEE and W3C
- Creative direction & web site design, on-line marketing, user
interface, statistical analysis of site visitors, etc.
- Defined internet product strategies & customer requirements;
developed web & print content; managed beta, launch, roll-out process.
- Created legal rights documentation, click wrap, contracts, etc.
for articles, comments, letters, software, etc. working with
Intellectual Property Rights attorneys & lawyers
Maxwell School's Center for Policy Research
Computer Specialist (Project Manager)
- Led the IT and data management portion of the Aging
Studies project involving two large databases (one German, DIW-berlin.de, one American) processed
into a relational database structure, matched cross-nationally to
create a third database.
- Managed the relation databases. Used SAS (C and FORTRAN) to
manipulate, analyze, & prepare data for researchers.
- Initiated the project using IBM RS/6000s with AIX & migrated it
to SUN SPARCs with SunOS & Solaris client-server network over
Ethernet & TCP/IP (plus an IBM 3090 with CMS & DOS PCs utilizing
Ethernet & Novell Network using NetWare) creating a distributed systems network, connected to the main University network. Also the UNIX System Administrator.
- Interfaced with the two originating panel study groups & other
interested researchers in person, via telephone, fax, postal & e-mail.
- Created tools (shell scripts & C) to install & correlate each
new year's data and libraries, manage disk space, etc.
to the point that it automated nearly all of the processes.
- Wrote documentation & manuals. Trained users: UNIX commands,
editors, use of PCs & Sun workstations, SAS & other programming
& macro languages.
- Designed & developed non-work-related object oriented
programming code & databases. Utilized object oriented analysis &
- Designed & created a pilot Web service
for online file, document, data, & information dissemination &
exchange for the project.
Consultant to the CEO
Product R&D & Business Re-Engineering Consultant
- Analyzed & evaluated Z/Max XChange (Information Management
Software package for a client-server, networked, telecommunication
environment, written in C for UNIX), its GUI user interface, On-line
Help and System Administration Manual for clarity, ease of use
- Proposed new product development ideas, support, & problem
- Demonstrated the XChange software at COMDEX Fall 1990, NetWorld91,
& SU's Open Systems Networking trade shows. Gave demo presentations
to client prospects.
- Surveyed users/customers concerning problems, needs &
the resultant possible upgrades, support & solutions.
- Proposed process re-engineering in Software Development, Software
Test, & Quality Assurance (TQM, Total Quality Management) areas.
- Developed marketing strategies.
Ocean Systems Division (now Martin Lockheed)
- Analyzed & wrote the DD-978 platform program modifications
to the Program Design Specifications for the user interface Display
Control Computer Program, one of 5 components of the AntiSubmarine
Warfare Combat System (ASWCS) for which our team was responsible.
- Implemented & interpreted the Program Design Specifications for
DD-978 code modifications in Display Control Computer Program's user
- Held a U.S. Department of Defense Secret Clearance.
- Completed ahead of schedule & under budget, utilizing a DEC
VAX VMS (using DCL & Datatrieve) computer environment for program
development, with no prior knowledge of CMS-2 language, AN/UYK-43B
shipboard computer, VAX VMS or the structured programming standard
Large Computer Products Division (LCPD)
Software Engineer1987 - 1989
- Led project previously abandoned due to incomplete code, bad
- Examined original incomplete code & determined real user
- Redesigned & re-coded it, coordinating with related development
- Documented the code & wrote user manual pro-actively with user
- Developed Run Unit Management Operating System software using
PL/6 & GMAP assembler with GCOS8 on DPS mainframes using networked
PCs as workstations.
Senior Computer Operator1984 - 1986
- Led computer operations, filled-in for department supervisor.
- Trained, scheduled, & filled the Computer Operator, Courier, &
Computer Operator1982 - 1984
- Operated & maintained three multi-processor Data Processing
systems, two mini-computer systems, & two Page Printer Systems in a
24 x 7 department, the associated computer & peripheral equipment,
computer media library (and supplies) & computer media distribution
(Courier) as required.
- Trained & filled the Computer Operator, Courier, & Librarian
Computer Media Courier & Computer Media Librarian1979
- Deliver/pick-up computer tapes, printouts, & other media,
- Manage computer media library, file, & find media, order
Assembly Worker - Circuit Board Fabrication1978 - 1979
- Laminate multi-layer circuit boards, prepare copper sheets for
printing, prepare printed boards for plating with copper and gold, etc.
- Coordinated online documentation for software design &
- Made several company improvement suggestions. Saved the company
money & increased the quality of the product. Received a cash award
for two of them.
Abilities & Skills
- Currently serving on the Board of Directors of a startup real estate development company.
- Headed up the Internet, Information Technology & Telecommunications opportunities.
- Worked on the committee for the business plan, IT/department/project plans & budgets.
- Worked on the committee for the investigation of real estate, location, & services, etc.
- Negotiated deals on several real estate parcels of 1.25 to 880 acres.
- Completed three purchases, so far.
- Served as Elected Board member of a medium-sized
- One of three-member Property & Building committee: management
& sale of current $1.6 million property & the procurement of new
- One of three-member Program, Policy & Administration committee:
management of staff & personnel, salaries, hiring, etc. & management
of public relations.
- Elected to the Governing Board of a large not-for-profit
- Contributed as key appointed member of the Finance/Budget
Committee during a multi-million dollar building project, including:
fund raising, 5-year plans, salary reviews, staffing reviews, future
building/expansion plans, etc. (1987-9)
- Served on the Candidate Search Committee which reviewed
résumés, interviewed candidates for FT & PT paid
positions to add to the 12-15 member paid staff.
- Directed projects for small to large not-for-profit
- Directed an Arizona/New Mexico District organization for local
area Singles Groups which included banquets, trips, events, fund
raisers, & seminars.
- Organized and conducted musicals as well as vocal/instrumental
groups/choirs for children, adults, & mixed groups in a variety of
- Wrote articles for in-house employee and non-profit
publications about health issues, physical fitness, interviews with
new personnel, local issues, etc.
- Beta tested UPTIME, a (then state-of-the-art) monthly disk
magazine for the Apple IIs, i.e. copy edit articles, test/evaluate
programs, user interface...
- Syracuse University
Information Resources Management Masters Program
Certificate Information Systems & Telecommunications Management, Completed 1994
- Grand Canyon University
Computer Science Bachelors of Science Program
B.S. Computer Science, Completed 1986
Sun SPARCs SunOS & Solaris Xwindows OpenLookWM
Apple II & Macintosh OS 6.x, 7.x, 8.x
IBM RS/6000 AIX Xwindows TWM
IBM 3090 CMS
MS PCs WindowsNT/95/98/2000/XP Server2000
MS PCs DOS MSWindows Novell NetWare
DEC VAX (250) PDP11 & VMS
Bull DPS 8, 88, 90 GCOS8 & GCOS6
Honeywell Level6 UNIX
experienced: FORTRAN C/C++ shell scripting SAS Visio Datatrieve VisualInterDev
CMS-2 GMAP assembler PL/6 (PL/1) JCL/DCL BASIC VisualBasic VB
MS Front Page Active Server Pages (ASP) VBScript JScript
Cold Fusion 3.2 & 4.0 Cold Fusion Studio RealAudio/RealVideo
ASP MS Studio MS Server 2000
trained in: COBOL Lotus/Excel Dbase Paradox Pascal Lisp
Prolog Object Oriented Programming/Design/Databases
Distributed Systems & Telecommunications Management
Business Information Resources Strategic Intelligence
This page is a work in progress & never
complete, that is the very nature of hypertext publishing & of
ones' work experience. Please feel free to contact me at
with any questions, suggestions, comments, consulting/job offers,
copy permission requests, etc.
page & all its contents
Copyright © 1995-1999, 2000-2006 Lowell W Lutz.
All rights reserved.http://lwlutz.tripod.com/resume.html